18 May 2010

The Balancing Act

As I have just posted on my Facebook page, tonight I started one project... and I finished one project.

Those two clauses do not refer to the same project. Get real. This is Juli.  But the PiP (Project in Progress) balance remains the same.

Some of my yard projects have hit a snag or two (insert shocked gasps here), so I shall instead show you the results of some of my indoor activities.

I replaced the thermostat a while back. That in itself is not terribly exciting, but take a gander at the wallpaper I uncovered! That must've been one stylin' entryway when the house was built - especially paired with the light fixture that was in place when I moved in (all of my tall helpers will remember that thing forever).


I've also been slowly replacing all of the doorknobs in the house. In addition to being, well... ugly, the old knobs were treated quite carelessly when the doors were last painted. For a change, I have a before picture...






 And an after picture:


And the project I finished tonight... ok, it's a subproject. I've been gradually repainting the kitchen. This has come to involve stripping three layers of paint and a layer of varnish off the cabinet doors. I might finish that part before I move out. The built-in parts of the cabinets are now painted, as is the pantry door. And as of tonight, the cheap wire thingies that hang on the inside of the pantry door to Hold More Tea have been washed, straightened a bit, and rehung... CORRECTLY. With hollow door anchors and the little tabs facing the right way and all that, so that my Immense yet Insufficient Supply of Tea (and granola bars) won't tear the thingies out of the door.

I shall now proceed to enjoy some of said tea. You should, too. But maybe not my tea, since it's far away from most of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment