03 June 2010

I Can See Canada from Here...

It's in the air. Really. Canada was on fire. Look.
The haze isn't the reason they're called the White Mountains. The haze is burnt-up bits of Quebec floating our way.







For those of you not in The Know, I went to Boston for Memorial Day. So no yard projects. But lots of fun, and good food. Lezzee... there was...
  • Pizza (1 + partial)
  • Stromboli (1)
  • Cannolli (2 partial) 
  • Rum baba (1 partial, enormous)
  • Italian cookies (Many)
  • Ravioli (5 or so)
  • Mexican Sampler Plate (1)
  • Delicious Rolls (2)
No, I don't have to go all the way to Boston for good mexican food. I could go to New Mexico, too. I am not a fan of Tex-Mex, which is about 98% of what you get here.

I did manage to eat some pesky normal food, too, but that's hardly worth mentioning. What IS worth mentioning, I think, is that I spent four whole days in Boston without entering a single Dunkin' Donuts. If you've been to Boston, you will understand just how remarkable this is. There might be more DDs than Starbucks in Boston.

But let's get back to the fun stuff! The afore-mentioned raviolis were homemade. 


 

Well, technically, they were half homemade, half hotel-suite-made.






And funny-shaped.
Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment