02 November 2009

Juli 1, Weeds 0

Gradually... slowly... finally I finished the strip of garden next to the garage. When I moved in, it contained two rather random-looking small trees or large bushes, a big hole, a large leafy plant, and a bunch of weeds. As of this past saturday, it contains two rather random-looking small trees or large bushes, four hibiscus...es... hibisci... um... hibiscus plants, all with different colored blooms (which I may have to wait until spring to show you), and a rather unhappy-looking azalea that was hiding under the leafy plant before I ruthlessly pulled it from the nourishing earth.
I just realized you can't see the azalea in this picture, but that's ok. It probably wants to take some time to freshen up before you see it. But look! MULCH! Landscape fabric and MULCH! Like a growed-up would do...

The hibiscus plants, from left to right, are peach, bright yellow, a color that I can only describe as what you would get if you mixed hot pink and fire engine red, and pale orange (not the same as peach). If the azalea allows and I can find, there might be a white one next year, too.

5 comments:

  1. Hibiscus is singular and plural...at least, that's how I learned it growing up. Can't wait to see them!!

    How's the bike doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, looks somewhat greener than it does up here...go figure.

    Remember, the more you mulch the less you have to mow!

    ~Steve in MN

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did it right! but of course you did, that's the way you do things.
    it looks really good.

    The Scotsman

    ReplyDelete
  4. John: You, out of everyone I know, are definitely the authority on the proper use of the word hibiscus. Now just remind me which ear I am supposed to wear it behind...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I did not know hibiscus is singular and plural.
    Get Free Credit Score Online

    ReplyDelete